If you are a homeowner, you might be looking for ways to save money.
One of the top culprits when it comes to your monthly expenses involves your utilities.
While it is a good idea to take a look at all of your costs,
don’t forget to take a look at your water bill!
Did you know that residential outdoor water use in the United States totals nearly
9 billion gallons of water on a daily basis? Most of this goes to landscape irrigation!
If there was a way for you to reduce your outdoor water consumption, think about the money you could save!
According to experts, close to 50 percent of all water that is used in outdoor irrigation systems is wasted!
This is because much of the water that you use actually isn’t needed!
There are inefficiencies in outdated and poorly designed irrigation systems that result in your watering plants that simply do not need it.
What if there was a way for you to only water plants that needed it?
You would be able to save water, which helps the environment, as well as save money, which helps your wallet!
So, how can you figure out how to use your water only when you need it ?
The answer is a WiFi sprinkler controller.
You can use this device to water your garden or lawn only as needed.
This helps you keep your lawn and garden looking beautiful while also watering only when it is absolutely necessary.
Make sure that you are up to date on the latest advances when it comes to an automatic sprinkler controller.
Then, you can find the right option for your needs.
What Is a WiFi Sprinkler Controller?
First, you need to know what a WiFi sprinkler controller is and how it works.
Then, you can figure out which option is right for you.
In general, a WiFi sprinkler controller is an advanced technological device that can controller not just when but also how you water your lawn.
It controls your sprinklers, when they fire, and how they are used.
As an automated irrigation controller, this provides you with the ability to take total control of your irrigation system in a remote manner.
For example, you can control:
- When your sprinklers are used
- How often they fire
- How long they run for
When it comes to controlling your irrigation system, there is really no comparison!
With a single push of the button, a WiFi sprinkler controller puts you in control!
Then, you can control how much water your use to keep your lawn looking beautiful.
How Does a WiFi Sprinkler Controller Work?
This automated irrigation controller leverages the power of your internet to connect with numerous devices to collect a tremendous amount of information.
Then, it uses this information to help you figure out where and how to water your own.
Given that more than half of the average household’s water consumption comes from landscaping, it is easy to see how this advanced system can help you conserve water!
This WiFi sprinkler controller connects to meteorological databases to make sure the sprinklers need to be active given the recent weather patterns.
In addition, a WiFi sprinkler controller will use installed sensors to help you control your irrigation system from tablets, phones, computers, and other smart devices.
There is no other sprinkler controlled that provides you with this level of control!
Why Should You Use an Automated Irrigation Controller?
If you are thinking about an automated irrigation controller, you might be wondering why you should use this device in the first place.
The fact remains that temperatures rise in the summer and you might have noticed that your water bills rise as well.
This is because families use their water systems more during the summer.
Depending on the location, some homes spend more than half of their water outside.
Half of this water is wasted.
When you realize that some homes use more than 3,000 gallons of water per day, it is obvious that something has to be done.
This is the equivalent of running a standard water hose for eight hours per day! Think about the water and money that is wasted!
If you change the way your home manages its irrigation system, you could save thousands of gallons of water per year.
Think about how much money this would save you on your water bills!
What could you do with this money? We’re guessing you could do a lot with these savings!
So, you need to save water.
Why should you use a WiFi sprinkler controller?
Some of the top reasons include:
- A WiFi sprinkler controller is relatively easy to install. You can find a system that will work with almost any home sprinkler system as long as you have an internet connection.
- A WiFi sprinkler controller provides you with control. With the push of a button, you can control when and how your sprinklers fire.
- An automated irrigation system will work with weather patterns to make sure that your sprinklers will fire only when they are needed. This is how it saves you money.
In the end, a WiFi sprinkler controller requires an upfront investment; however, it will quickly pay for itself with savings on your water bill.
Furthermore, you’ll be helping the environment!
How Can You Find the Best Sprinkler Controller?
When you are looking for a WiFi sprinkler controller, you need to find the right one for your needs.
Like other devices, there are lots of options to choose from.
Some are better in some areas while others might focus on different areas.
Every home is different, so you need to find the best WiFi sprinkler controller for your needs.
When you start to look around, you will quickly realize that there are lots of options to choose from.
How can you sort through these choices and find the right one for you?
Some of the most important factors you should consider include:
- Will the WiFi sprinkler controller provide you with the ability to reduce your water consumption and save you money?
- Can your existing sprinkler irrigation system work with this specific option?
- Will you be able to set your own watering schedules using the WiFi sprinkler controller?
- If there are local watering restrictions in place, can these be included in your WiFi sprinkler controller?
- Can you control your automatic sprinkler controller remotely using a phone, laptop, or smart device?
- How hard will this WiFi sprinkler controller be to install?
- If you have a home smart device such as Google Assistant, Nest, or Amazon Alexa, will this work with the WiFi sprinkler controller?
- Will your WiFi sprinkler controller work with meteorological databases to work with weather patterns to water only when necessary?
- Can you customize your WiFi sprinkler controller depending on the type of plants, soil, and sprinklers you have?
- Is there a warranty that comes with the device? How long does it last and what is covered by the warranty?
- Is the brand respected in the field? What have other users had to say about it?
These are a few of the most important factors that you need to consider when you are looking for a WiFi sprinkler controller.
Finally, make sure that the WiFi sprinkler controller also has certifications from some of the top water regulatory agencies in the local area.
This could provide you with rebates that will help you save money on the purchase and installation costs.
Don’t forget to check on Amazon as well to see what some of the prices might be.
Reviewing Some of the Top Options for WiFi Sprinkler Controllers
If you are looking for a WiFi sprinkler controller, it might be helpful to take a look at what some of the top options are offering. Some of the best choices on the market include:
The Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller
- The product weighs 2.5 pounds
- The warranty period is 2 years if it comes from an authorized seller
- The box includes one Faceplate, one Generation 2, four screws with anchors, one power adapter
The Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller is one of the top options on the market.
There are thousands of five-star reviews on Amazon that serve as a testament to the quality of this device. It provides numerous features that simply place this device above the other choices.
One of the most important features of the Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller is that it uses predictive weather intelligence.
Based on forecasts that come in from the local area, it will adjust the watering schedule for optimal water use.
Some of the factors that this device will consider include:
- Freezing precipitation
You can even adjust where and how your sprinklers to water based on data that your input such as sun exposure, plant type, and soil type.
The Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller also offers an app that you can use to control the sprinklers from your phone.
The Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller also works well with Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
- The app is responsive
- It takes only minutes to install and set up
- You can customize your watering schedule
- If your WiFi goes down, the Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller will continue to work and water
- If you need tech support, they can be hard to reach
- Alexa doesn’t recognize the personalized area names you input into the Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller
These are a few of the key points to know about the Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller.
The Orbit 57946 B-HYVE
- This product weighs 3.6 pounds
- It comes with a one-year standard warranty from authorized sellers
- The box includes one Wi-Fi sprinkler times device, one screwdriver, one set of installation hardware, one key, and one guide
In addition to having a cool name, the Orbit 57946 B-HYVE is one of the top sprinkler systems on the market.
If you check on Amazon, you will find that the Orbit 57946 B-HYVE has a litany of positive reviews.
This device comes with weather sense technology that allows you to water your garden based on information from live weather forecasts, the slope of the ground, and the presence of either sun or shade.
While the Orbit 57946 B-HYVE is installed outdoors, it will stay protected from the weather.
It is known to have a durable, weather-resistant case that will protect your valuable investment!
The Orbit 57946 B-HYVE works well with Amazon Alexa but it does not connect to other devices such as Google Home.
As long as you have a home wireless system that is up and running, you can control the Orbit 57946 B-HYVE using the app, which works well for both iOS and Android.
- The Orbit 57946 B-HYVE comes with a strong case that locks up with a key
- It provides you with easy access to wiring terminals
- You can customize schedules for different parts of your lawn or garden
- The Orbit 57946 B-HYVE does provide a rain delay feature; however, if the rain doesn’t come, your watering schedule is messed up
- It only works with Amazon Alexa and not with other smart home devices
These are a few of the most important features that you should note about the Orbit 57946 B-HYVE.
The Hunter Hydrawise Smart Irrigation Controller
Another popular option is called the Hunter Hydrawise Smart Irrigation Controller.
Like some of the other top options on the market, the Hunter Hydrawise Smart Irrigation Controller uses current weather forecasts to help you set a watering schedule that will keep your lawn nice and green while allowing you to save money.
That way, you can cut down on your water use.
When it comes to zones for your lawn, the Hunter Hydrawise Smart Irrigation Controller is at the top.
It allows you to set up 36 zones on your lawn.
While you might not need this many zones, the flexibility is nice.
Some of the zones you might need include a garden, patio, vegetable area, and specialized landscaping zone.
In addition, the Hunter Hydrawise Smart Irrigation Controller provides you with helpful reports on your water usage and watering activities.
It can show you how much water you have used today, yesterday, last week, and last month.
It also shows you how long the sprinklers have been running and how much rainfall you have received recently.
The Hunter Hydrawise Smart Irrigation Controller provides you with a tremendous amount of control, allowing you to make the right decision for your lawn.
- The Hunter Hydrawise Smart Irrigation Controller is easy to set up using a color touchscreen and installation wizard
- You can monitor your irrigation system using the app even when the internet is down
- You will save a tremendous amount of water and money
- With the Hunter Hydrawise Smart Irrigation Controller, you no longer need rain sensors
- This is one of the more expensive options on the market
- The app isn’t the easiest to navigate depending on which Hydrawise system you use
- If you need tech support for the Hunter Hydrawise Smart Irrigation Controller, they can be challenging to reach
These are just a few of the top points that you should note about the Hunter Hydrawise Smart Irrigation Controller.
Saving Money on a Wifi Sprinkler Controller
If you are looking for a way to save money on your sprinkler system, then you need to remember to shop around.
While it is nice to check with the manufacturer for sales and discounts, it is also a good idea to check on Amazon.
There, you can read reviews from other, actual customers and see what pricing options are available.
You want to have as much information as possible before you buy.
Invest in an Automated Irrigation Controller
If you want to save money on your water bills, invest in an automated sprinkler controller! These are a few of the top options on the market.